Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hello Everyone June 21, 2013



Hey guys,
 
So this has been an interesting week, really good and really odd in other ways.  Not bad just different.  Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were kinda uneventful. Not gonna lie.  But overall they were very good!
 
The last batch of missionaries just left on wednesday. I became really good friends with a bunch of them.  It is hard to not get to know the other missionaries really well because there are only so many of us to know.  So that was really sad saying goodbye was really hard.  My favorite people in that batch were 4 Elders from Austrailia.  They are all really funny and some really great guys.  But now that they have left, we are the oldest ones. 
 
It is weird to think that now in less than a week, we will be leaving to go as well.  I cannot believe that it has been a month because everyday here is pretty much the same as the day before.  But now I have only around 17 months left! crazy huh!?
 
Sorry if this email is not going to be very long but it has not been the most interesting of weeks.
 
But also on Wednesday we were able to go out into the city to go Proselyting in Manila.  Sister Atata and I were put with S. Riddle from Amereican Fork, Ut and she has been out for 4 months.  It is cool to see how much she has learned within that first little bit of her time out here.  We were able to go to 2 appointments with her, they were really cool. I was able to bare my testimony in both of them.  I sounded pretty good.  Well as good as can expect myself to be at this point.  We met with Jean who is inactive and so is his family.  We read from 3 Nephi just to get him to read the Book of Mormon.  That was really cool to see him as he is an actual person with a story.  Next we met up with a ward missionary whose name i cannot remember for the life of me.  But we went ot go to meet with Grace.  She is getting baptized on June 29th so she has had all the lessons.  So instead of teaching we watched The Restoration video.  It was in Tagolog with English subtitles.  I was able to recognize words that they were saying but the grammar is different in tagolog. 
 
In the second lesson the weird part of my day came.  We were sitting in this woman's tiny living room just starting the movie when I look down at my foot because something is tickling it, and there is a cochroach ON MY FOOT! it was easily the grossist part of my week.  Luckily I did not scream because that would be completely rude to do in an investigator's home, but it is what I felt like on the inside.....  Oh and it rained a lot when we were out.  The Philippines are just getting into their rainy season right now, so we always have to bring our umbrellas everywhere we go. 
 
It was cool to use the language outside of the MTC for the first time.  I know that it will all come with time. 
 
I got a bit sick yesterday and today.  Just a virus that has been going around the MTC but don't worry mom nothing to worry about.  I am fine!!! I was able to stay and sleep yesterday so that was really nice.  But I am getting better :) all is well here.
 
I promise everything is going well here! Miss all of you a ton! it is cool to see how much the work is progressing over here.  I know that the Lord will bless us when we follow him!
 
Now to try to answer some of the questions:
 
-The Manila temple is quite small.  around the same size or maybe smaller than the provo temple.  so that is an interesting adjustment.
-No sarcasm is weird and hard but people in the philippines dont really understand it so I guess this is just preparing me...
-I will for sure be staying in Manila.  I will not be reasigned to Cavite.
-I am assuming the visa will come through.  I have not heard otherwise....
-I leave the MTC on July 3rd
-That is cool about the Yeates.  When I was in Manila, I heard about an elder serving in Manila who is from Chantilly. I did not recognize his name, Elder Teddy i think, but small world!
-For the most part I am totally healthy :) but I am still doing okay health wise!
 
I love all of you so much and I can't wait to see all of you again!  17 more months baby!!!
 
I love this work and I am so grateful to be a missionary right now.  It is so cool to see how much the work is being hastened for these last days. Also, how many scriptures actually apply to missionary work in these days.  I have loved reading and studying the scriptures everyday and makes me so grateful for them.  
 
Scripture of the Week:  (ps this needs to become a legit thing....)
 
Mosiah 15:28-31
"And nwo I say unto your that the time shall come that the salvation of the Lord shall be declared to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.
Yea, Lord, thy watchmen shall lift up their voice; with the voice together shall they sing; for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.
Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem; for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God."
 
Love you all!!
 
Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment