Friday, June 7, 2013

Week 2


Hi everyone!!!
 
So I am in my second week here at the mtc and things have been interesting.  It is weird to think that it is already June.  It seems like just yesterday I was home and on the other hand it feels like we have been here forever!!!!!!! 
 
Cool experience Attach another fileabout prayer last friday when I could not find my mini Preach My Gospel for a few hours.  I had just taught a practice investigator and I could not find it after.  So I decided to say a prayer asking to help me find it. After going to a class for an hour, a sister asked another sister if she had my pmg because she had her's so finally I was able to get my book back.  So that was pretty cool.
 
The food here can be quite interesting we have a good deal of Filipino food but occationally we do have other types such as one day we had hamburgers :) and another we had pasta.  Which both made me really happy.  Liz: I tried ube and it is actually quite good, kinda weird but good.  We have rice with EVERYTHING here and that has taken some getting used to.
 
To sum up the week there has been a lot of good and bad.  There had been many times that have been trials of my faith and all.  First, my companion does not know very much english.  She is not fluent and it takes a while for there to be understanding on her end.  So that has been a huge barrier this past week that I hope will get better.  I have gotten quite frustrated this week with small things that happen, but I know that it is all for good and that I will be able to be blessed.  Sister Atata is a convert of less than a year so it can be quite difficut coupled with the language to understand how much she knowss  She got really sick this week with a lot of pain in her side.  We had to go to the hospitial to get some tests done and so from that I was able to see part of the city which was cool and kinda frightening.  They drive crazy over here.  Its is a bit like Greece in some aspects but people are less curtious of other people. 
 
I am working through the language, but by no means is it easy.  I know that the language comes with a lot of time and will not be fully understood until we are out in the field.  I heard from one of my teachers that most people in Manila do speak a good deal of english and we speak mostly Taglish (Tagolog and English)  so that calmed me a good bit! 
 
We were able to go to the temple last week as well as today.  It is a very small temple but it is really beautiful.  (yes it is all in english, even our sacrament meetings are in english)
 
I do feel like that things are getting better and that I am learning a lot.  By no means is it going to be easy, but that just means that it is going to be worth it. 
 
On Wednesday night we said goodbye to the group of missionaries who were leaving to go tho their missions.  It makes me really anxious to leave, but there is still a lot that needs to be learned before that can happen! 
 
Today, our district was assigned to welcome the incoming batch of missionaries so that was cool to see people who are just coming in.  We are now officially not the newbies!  There are only a couple americans in that class.  But it is fun!  Some of them looked so lost when they were coming in, and it was weird to think that only 2 weeks ago that was me (that day was the longest day ever!).  I had fun taking them to all of the different requirements and stations here at the mtc.  President Beck talked to us this morning and he has been here for 4 months and the mtc has already doubled in size since then and in the next months or so it will be triple the size of when he started.  Crazy huh?!
 
The work of the Lord is truly being hastened and I am just excited to be a part of it. 
 
A quick scripture that has helped me this week is 1 Nephi 18:16 and D&C 121:7-8
 
I miss you guys tons and I hope all of you are doing well.  I really miss home and seeing and talking to you guys everyday.  I love you guys so much and I really look foward to seeing you guy in 17 months and 2 weeks! haha but it is sooo true.  I love all of you and loved hearing from all of you this week. 
 
 I am 1/39 of the way done with my mission!!  just thought i would throw that in :)
 
"People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care."
 
Love you!
Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment