Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 13, 2013


June 13, 2013

Hey everyone!!!
 
It is so good to hear from everyone! I am glad to hear everything is going well.  It has been actually a very good week here in the MTC! I just barely got back from the temple where we have trips every p-day.  So that was really fun.  Oh and today we do not have much going on so we can really take a break from our hectic schedules. 
 
So starting last week one of the Doctors here for all of the missions in the Philippines talked to President Beck and he recommended my district to do a case study for her that might be implemented in all of the Philippines missions... cool right!  So we as a district are supposed to work on unity for the 2 weeks.  In that we are to make all comments postitive (no negative comments or sarcasam...), uplift others at all times, and work not critisizing anyone because Sister French promised us if we do that then the "Spirtit cannot be constrained".  So far I have seen myself really work on continuing to stay positive and uplifting others.  The sarcasam is a hard one... But overall I am seeing a large difference in our district and with other people as well.  It is also making me be able to keep a good mindset with my mission and focusing on what is important. 
 
I am really starting to see my language improve.  I am being able to speak and understand what people are saying with more ease in class and lessons.  Though I know that they will not speak this slow in real life but it is nice at least knowing that I am learning more.  I see myself being able to up more of Tagolog each day.  When we are in our lessons with our investigators,  I am able to speak much more by the spirit and say what I feel prompted by the Spirit to say which has been a real blessing with furthering our investigators (and no they are just practice, actually our progressing investigators are just our teachers).  I am being able ot understand much more what even the Filipinos in the MTC are saying.   OH and on sunday ALL of my investigators came to church!  We have our two progressing investigators and a less-active (another teacher for the TRC), but on sunday we get a little slip of paper saying if any came and they all did! Such a good feeling!
 
It is actually really funny how cool all the Filipino missionaries think my name is.  They are all like "ohhhh sister bishop, I have never met a girl bishop". they think they are so hilarious. so thanks dad for the name :)
 
S. Atata got sick again this week so she stayed in bed pretty much all day.  That day I was able to read all of 2 Nephi and finish up all of the lessons in PMG which means that in less than 2 days I read all of PMG.  But it was nice to take a mental health day for me durning that time. 
 
Each night we do these online assessments that check understanding and progress here at the good ol' mtc.  and I am consistantly getting a really high score and people in my class know that.  So I have now become the person most everyone goes to for church answers.  That made me really happy because it shows me just how much I know about the gospel and how much I learned from home, church, seminary, and byu.  It always makes me happy when I can share some insight or knowledge that I gained previous to my mission.  So a huge thanks to anyone who has taught me!
 
Sister Atata found out what was wrong from the doctor.  I wont go into it too much but she is going to be totally fine.  We are going to go back to the city to go to a doctors and get medicine that will fix the problem.   So the city is crazy and extremely insaine.  But it is a facinating culture over here and I am excited to serve. 
 
I have become best friends with a few other sisters from another district.  S. Larsen (the one from VA), S. Kelsey (UT), S. Tiley (Figi), S. Tavana (New Zeland), and S. Teihe (New Zeland).  These girls are aboslutely amazing and I love spending any of our free time with them!
 
As for some of my other reading, I was able to read through Jacob 5 which has so many good references to missionary work!  As of this morning I am already in Mosiah.  I started the Book of Mormon the first day I came here and I am excited to see how much I can get through while here. 
 
The language barrier between S. Atata and I is getting better and I am seeing our relationship improve a lot this past week.  This week there has been a ton more up than downs which makes me so happy.  I am excited to see what then next week has in store.
 
I can't believe how many missionaries are leaving from home!  I am so excited for all of them as they start this amazing journey and time of their lives!
 
It is really hot here and humid but I am getting more used to it.  Well maybe just a little be less dreading it as I dont think I will ever be exactly used to the humidity and heat. 
 
This next week will be very interesting as we are going out to the city to proselyte with other missionaries (older ones. don't worry!)  But that will be exciting and really nerve wracking.  But it will be so amazing!
 
I love being on a mission and seeing how much the Lord loves me and helps me through the more difficult times in my life.  He really does bless his children and his missionaries.  I am so amazed by how much he really does want us all to succeed and return to him
 
Scripture of the week:
1 Nephi 3:7
" I will go and odo the things which the Lord has commanded, for I know the Lord giveth not commandments unto the children of men, save he shatll prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
 
I love you all so much and think about you everyday!  I love you and you are always in my prayers!!
 
Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment