Monday, August 19, 2013

Mahal ko po kayo Monday Aug 12 2:33 am


Hello everyone!!
 
I hope everyone is doing well over there!! A few things that I just want to say about all of your lives from your emails:
daddy:
-I am excited about all of the work you are doing
-is it all from home
- send pics of the basement and peaches
mommy:
- like I said pictures of the basement and peaches
- I GOT MY PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-literally that was one of my favorite parts of the week!
-tell me more about the temple and stuff
Rachel & shaun
- glad to hear about your wonderful news
- how was the conference in St George?
Michael& Vanessa
-... how are you guys doing...
-more pictures please!
Sarah& Chris
- how is the one sister who is getting baptized
-tell me more about her
- once again more pictures pleeease!
Elizabeth
-email....
- I have told you about what all I want: pictures!, stories, and more pictures, and everything else :)
 
So on to everything else....
 
This week was really great!  I made the goal to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the month and I should hopefully be able to even finish with time to spare!  I am currently just starting the Saviors ministry in the Americas and I started my first day of the MTC.  So that makes me supper excited. 
 
We had a zone meeting where before hand I found out that I had a package!! I was so excited and they told me that I would have to wait until the end to get it.  We had President and Sister Stucki there so that was fun.  They told us that we should try to foucus some of our studies on the life of the Savior through the Bible as well as Jesus the Christ.  I loved that advice and it is so great to be able to learn more about Christ's life and teachings.  So finally at the end I was able to get my package!!!  I also got letters from Dear elder and one from Jessica Hadfield with her graduation announcement (CONGRATS!!).  It all made me so happy to get and open!!!
 
A cool experience came this week on Wednesday, when we smelled something really bad, sort of like burning marshmallows in really bad way, so we looked outside our window and we saw a guy standing there who was delivering food for someone who lives on one of the floors beneath us.  But low and behold it was Raymond.  Raymond is a guy who we met probably a week or so previous on the street just briefly.  Since that first time we had seen him 2 other times and were never able to really talk to him but we kept running into him.  on Tuesday we saw him again and Sister Moreno and I told each other that this cannot be a coincidence and the next time we see him we are really going to talk to him. Then Wednesday morning came and we saw him!!! We gave him a lesson one pamphlet and we got some of his info.  He texted us a little later and we will be seeing him this week!!  It is cool to see how all of that happened in the course of one week.  :)
 
Our lessons are going well and I am sort of seeing my Tagalog improve.  It is still really difficult, and I sometimes have no idea what is going on.  But that is the life.  I am getting more used to everything here.  I have continued to say healthy which is great.  I hope that I won't have to deal with some of the things that I am already seeing some people and missionaries deal with. So that is great.
 
So far we have 6 people who have baptismal dates in September or October.  They are Jay-Ar, Ada :), Admix,  Michelle, Arianne, and Reynalin. They are all great and most all are progressing really well. 
 
The work here is going really well and am beginning to get more used to everything here. Still I am not totally used to being called out to and stared at because I am white, but it is not exactly like I can change that aspect.....
The food here is still delicious :)
 
We had Stake Conference this week and Sister Moreno and I attended the morning and afternoon sessions because she was playing the piano for the stake choir.  So that was fun.  After the afternoon session (my ward's) our ward had sort of a lunch/dinner thing at the church with siomai.  which is delicious by the way.  All the other missionaries were really jealous :) teehee
 
The work here is good and I am really liking it here.  It is cool being a missionary in these last little bit.  It is cool seeing the work hastened and everything. 
 
Wednesday is Transfer day and I am almost positive that I will not be transferring this one.  We are getting in another 31 missionaries this week so that is cool.
 
My spiritual nugget this week is Matthew 11: 28-30.  I love this verse and no matter what we are going through the Lord will be there and he will help us through it all.  He is always there waiting for us to come to him.
 
Like always I love you and I miss you tons!!!!!
You are all amazing!  I have been so blessed by you and your example has shaped the person I am today.
 
With Love,
Sister Bishop 

No comments:

Post a Comment