Monday, September 30, 2013

I'M BACK Monday Sept 30, 2013 5:47 am

Hey guys!

So I know that it has been a long time since I have been able to email.  First things first... I got really sick last week starting the 18th with what we later found out was dengue fever.  It lasted for around 12 days and I had a wide array of different symptoms that came and went at different times.  The worst was really the first 3 days and then it was just dizziness, headaches, and some body aches.  I am really okay now.  We actually only thought it was the flu until I got some tests done.  It is okay and I feel great now.  

Now we are getting back into the swing of things.  That is honestly one of the hardest parts about being sick for so long because I have not seen anyone for such a long time.  

But anywho.  I have a new companion!!!!! Her name is Sister Montera.  She is from the Philippines and she has been out 1 transfer.  (6 weeks)  It is so much fun getting to know her, but it is quite difficult making the transition to trainer.... I know that it will all be okay and that this is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing, but dang it is kinda hard.  and it is also hard because the first 2 days I was still sick.  

Sister Montera is great and she was actually first trained with one of the Sister Training Leaders.  So that is cool and it is nice having someone who already knows the "ropes" of missionary work.  We are getting into a grove more with our work these few days.  It is so different (in a good way) working with another companion.  I know that this is what the Lord wants us to be doing here in the Philippines Manila Mission.  

So Ada is feeling better so all of you know.  I told her that you all had been praying for her and she was very grateful.  

Also, Admix got baptized on the 21st.  Unfortunately, I was unable to make it to the baptism as I was sick.  But Sister Moreno was able to arrange for splits so she was able to go to both the baptism and conformation.  She said that it was a great baptism and that despite some rocky beginnings to everything, it turned out to be a great baptism.  I saw her yesterday at church and she just seems so happy and she is doing great.  

At church we reconfirmed Michelle to her baptism, which will now be on October 26!!! She is so happy and we will also be having our investigator Jet be baptized on that same day too!

Jet, like Michelle and Admix, is dating a member.  His girlfriend originally asked him to go to church and it took him a while to finally go.  She is not here, but it is so great seeing him now grow more in the gospel.  When we first met him, he was very very shy, and yesterday in Gospel Principles class he said the pray for the first time in public.  He was evidently very nervous and you could see it on his face.  

Michelle is just so excited! She just could not wait until November so she choose to move up her date! I am so proud of her and can see how happy the truth of the gospel is making her!!  She told us that almost every night she has a dream about being baptized or about the church.  She knows so well that this is the one and only true Church of God on the earth.

It is fun and difficult getting back into the swing of things, but I am glad to be getting back to work.  Because of my sickness I actually did not know that there was such bad weather outside.  We were safe and we stayed inside throughout it all.  I guess you could call that a blessing in disguise.... haha.  

But I love hearing from all of you this week!! It sounds like all of you are doing some really great things.  I love seeing the pictures from all of the trips that you guys have been on!!  Some of them are just so pretty (aka mom and dad). Thank you for all of your emails this week.  It is so amazing knowing that I have such great family and support back home :)

You are all so amazing! I hope all of you know that I know that this gospel is the most true thing of anything on this earth.  God Lives.  He Love Us.  Each and everyone of us, He knows and cares for.  What a blessing it is to know this and that he wants to hear from us.  He will tell us and give us answers to our prayers if we will ask him.  When we are at the end of the rope and we have no where else to turn to, He is there.  We can pray to him for help.  We can pray to him for answers.

I love this Gospel and am so glad to be a missionary right now.  Yes sometimes life gets hard, and that's what it is supposed to be but that is all right.  I am so blessed by this Gospel that nothing can stop this work.  I love the Lord and all that He has done for me.  

Like always, I love all of you so much and miss you dearly.  You are all in my prayers.  

Love,
Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment