Monday, October 7, 2013

HEY GUYS! Monday Oct. 7, 2013 8:30 am

Hi eveyone!!

How is everything going!! I loved hearing from all of you this week, it is so fun to read all about what all of you are up to!

I have not gotten to see General Conference, but we get to watch the broadcasts on Saturday and Sunday! I am so excited.  It is crazy to think that exactly one year ago my life completely changed with the call from the prophet about the age change of missionaries.  It is weird to think that only one year ago, I really had no plans of serving a mission and now I am out here in the Philippines.  I can truly accredit being so prepared for being willing and ready to serve a mission to all the people who have made a difference in my life,  my parents, siblings, teachers, friends, and just everyone.  It is such a blessing in my life that I have this opportunity to serve the Lord in this calling!

I am feeling so much better.  No residual symptoms or anything from the sickness so that is really good.  I did lose some weight from it just because I was not eating too much with being sick.  But that is really all that came out of it... I am glad that we are back to work.  It was fun to get back into the swing of things after being sick. 

Sister Montera is great and I am having a lot of fun working with her.  It is a definite change from being with Sister Moreno and being the trainee to being the trainer of Sister Montera.  But it really is quite fun.  Granted I do feel more stress and I feel busier just because there is more responsibility with being a trainer.  

We went on last minute exchanges with the sister training leaders on tuesday.  and that was really fun.  I stayed in our area again this time and I was glad that I was able to learn more from some of our leaders.  

Our investigators are doing really well.  We are still working with Michelle (who is absolutely and totally amazing) and Jet (we were not able to see him this week because of his job training schedule)  but they are both great.  Michelle actually bringing her pinsan (cousin) to our lessons so that she can learn more and we are excited because Aren and her boyfriend Chriz came to church with Michelle on Sunday :)  Also, we have this amazing new investigator Jane who started meeting with the missionaries in her province.  She also has a baptismal date that she is already so ready for on Nov. 16.  I am so blessed in this area with seeing so many prepared people for the gospel!!

I am so excited for General Conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is one of my favorite times of the year! It is such an amazing blessing in this church that we have a living prophet who receives revelation from the Lord for us right now! There is nothing better than being able to hear his words and to also receive our own person revelation to our lives and answer the questions of our heart.  

Oh and we had temple tour this weekend.  I love being able to feel the spirit there and to walk around the temple.  There were a lot of investigators there (unfortunately all of ours had school or work... bummer)  but the spirit is so strong there!!!

I have loved the scriptures in D&C about the calls that were made to the elders of the church around D&C 30. They are all so great!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all and miss you so much!!  It is so great to be here and serving the Lord!!

Mahal ko po kayo

Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment