Monday, October 21, 2013

Hello po!

Monday Oct. 21, 2013  7:44 am

hey everyone!

It is just another great week on the mission.  I am so grateful for this time that I am here and serving.  It has kinda been a crazy week.  I am doing good. Still feeling fine. 

Some of the highlights of the week were the interview with President Stucki.  That is always a great thing to have, I love being able to hear his counsel for each of us individually.  I was such a great time just being able to talk one-on-one with him.  I am so blessed here in the Philippines Manila Mission to have such a great Mission President.  He was able to talk with me about some of my worries and the stresses of becoming a new trainer.  It is stressful at times but it is also really rewarding.  The church is putting a focus on the stresses of missionary work, so they came out with a new booklet for all missionaries that talks all about stress and stress management.  It is so true that the mission field comes with a ton of stress: good stress and bad stress.  I am trying to handle all of the stresses a bit better which is something that I think that we are able to become better at.  I think that that was something that stood out to me in General Conference.  Is that when it is all said and done and we are stress, worried, depressed, "ready to turn back" (Alma 36 I believe), that the Lord is always there no matter what.  That his Atonement is always in effect and if we can just remember that than it will all be okay.  I am so blessed to know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and wants to see me succeed in my mission and in life.  That He has not left me comfortless.  He provided me with a Savior who is always there to help me through all of the trials of life.  And also the Holy Ghost as our constant companion if we will be worthy.  What a great blessing of our Heavenly Father.  He truly loves each one of us individually.  

So we will be having one baptism this next week.  Michelle will be baptized this Saturday.  She has such a great testimony of this gospel! She loves sharing her testimony with us and her friends.  She has already brought 2 of her cousins to meet with us (one of them has a baptismal date: Aren) and Aren's boyfriend too (also Bap Date).  She had her interview and guess what?! She passed!  hahaha! She is absolutely amazing and I am so blessed to have her in my life and in this mission! She is absolutely so ready for this step in her life.  She has such a great faith in this gospel and in the Book of Mormon.  She says that her day is never complete until she reads.  Isn't that how we should all view the Book of Mormon, as essential to our day?!

We just finished up our last lesson with Ada.  She found out today that she passed her CPA exam!!!! I was so happy for her! It was actually quite emotional as she will be leaving to go to her province this week... But I love her so much!!!!!  She shared her testimony that she knows this is the church of God and that because of that knowledge, she will never leave. She asked if there was anything that we could tell her that she should do and we said: pray, read the scriptures, go to church, and always be worthy of a temple recommend.

I love you and sorry this is short.  But I love you all!!!!!!!!!
Miss you and Mahal ko po kayo!!!

Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment