Monday, October 14, 2013

Another week in the City and General Conference Monday Oct. 14, 2013 4:43 am

Hi guys!!!                                                       Oct. 14, 2013

So it has been a fun and exciting week.  To start off we are now starting Semester Break.  So that means that all of the universities and schools have let out so all of our teaching pool are pretty much all in their provinces except for a select few.  So that will be fun and exciting!  We were not able to get any new investigators this week because all of the people who we would talk with are leaving for like 3-4 weeks.  So that was kinda a bummer.  We are seeing what this week is going to be like with all of the students gone.  We are hoping for the best!  

But it was kinda cool this week as we were able to go to a few other areas in our stake besides the Sampaloc Area that we do most all of our work in.  So that was cool we had to ask our bishop for a lot of help finding out where a few addresses are.  Then they turn out to not have lived there for 3, 4, even 8 years..... Oh well.  We got a referral for a guy in another area so we will be able to go out there again and to another less active in another random area.  

We are still working with Michelle on her baptism.  Wow she is so great!  I have no worries with her and as we have a lot of time with her we are able to take things much more slowly.  So that is fun :)  She is just amazing I am so blessed to know her and be able to work with her during this time.  

Jet we are going to have to reextend his baptism because we have not seen him in over a month (he has job training ) then he also missed church.  So that was kinda a bummer.  But we are meeting with him in a little bit so that will be good to see more of where he is at with the gospel!  

The greatest part of this week came, of course, during General Conference.  How amazing it is that we have this gospel and that we are able to here the Lord's word for us right now!  I have received so many blessings from listening to and heeding the councils of the prophets.  There are just so many points of General Conference that I love!  

Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Jeffrey R. Holland
M. Russell Ballard
Henry B. Eyring
Richard G. Scott
President Thomas S. Monson
Neil L. Anderson

Wow there was so much great talks that we received from the Lord this conference.  It was such a spiritual experience to be here on the mission and to be a part of what so many of the leaders were talking about: Missionary Work!!! I know that this is the work of the Lord and that when we are on the Lord's errand, we have his protection, his Spirit, and his Love!!  This is truly such an important work of the Saints in these last days

Also there was a big emphasis on the family and the Priesthood Power in the family.  I have been so blessed by having the Priesthood in my home and as a constant source of power to me.  Even as I do not have the Priesthood, I have such a deep love for the Power of God.  It has blessed my life in so many ways and I love being able to testify that it has been restored to the earth. 

Finally, one of my favorite topics that seemed to be a connections with what seemed like all the talks was the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  How this has blessed my life. I know that my Savior loves me and that he is always there for me.  Even in times of trial in sorrow.  He is there.  He is with us during the good times, as well as the difficult.  If only all men could know of the reality of the Atonement in there lives, how much more wonderful this world would be.  But until then, that is my calling: to spread the news of the Savior and His Atonement.  

I love all of you and hope we can all heed the words of the Lord.

Miss you all tons

With Love,
Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment