Monday, July 14, 2014

We work

 July 14, 2014  1:09 EDT    We work


hello family, friends, and now anyone who is reading this..
As I learned from President Ostler, I have more people reading this than just my family... So welcome.
This is my life for the past how many months.  I wake up. Exercise and get ready for the day.  Study the Gospel through scriptures and words of the Prophets.  Then teach people the gospel.  Sometimes, we get punted (meaning appointments falling through)  But it is always a fun day in the mission.  Oh and I forgot to mention that we do eat and sleep if you were wondering. 
The life here is way fun.  here are some pictures at our recent convert, Wennie's appartment with her 4 year old son Wesley (aka Elle) 


Life is good. can't you tell.


Work is interesting.  We just got a new area added to our area.  It came from when that one area was supposed to be added to our area, but our bishop wants elders there supposedly so we got a bunch of area added to our area.  We will be able to go there on Tuesday.  Strange things are a foot at the Circle K.
We have so much fun together.  Sister Jandoquile and I come from very different backgrounds but we are able to have a blast.  It is so much fun to just be able to laugh through everything.  It really makes so much of a difference in our work that we are able to have so much fun.  Well keeping everything within missionary limits... :) 
With the changes we let a good amount of area go as well.  That is okay.  The only thing constant in life is change, so we just have to get ready and go!
We were able to have this really awesome lesson with this mother and daughter.  They live at the same apartment complex as some of our recent converts and members.  (look up Chateau Elysee, it is more like a hotel)  and it is really really close to the chapel.   We met the 12 year old daughter Mikee on the street of the apartment and she said we could come back.  We met just briefly in their apartment and set a time to come back.  Sister Fe is a widow of 12 years.  She experienced a stroke a few months back, but is really open to listen.  When we came back and taught the full first lesson we had focused on the eternal family.  When we asked about any questions that she had she asked at the end of the lesson: "Does that mean, that if we are married in the temple that I will be able to see my husband again and know him?"  The spirit was so strong as we testified that YES! we will know them and we can become eternal families!  I asked her if she wanted to see him again and with tears in her eyes she said: "Yes, yes I do."  We invited her to be baptized on August 30.  She quickly accepted the baptismal date. 
That is one of my really big highlights this week. 
We supposedly have a storm coming in this week, but we are not too worried.  Not gonna lie, it is kidda fun.  as mom said "Memories"  We take what the Lord gives us, and just keep going. 
I had a really great personal study this morning as I was studying about the Sacrament. I was reading about a bunch of scriptures and words of the Living Prophets about the topic.  I realized (well the better word would be re-realized) the way that we remember Christ is by becoming more like him.  It is not just remembering the Atonement and his suffering (while that is so crucial), but we remember all of Him.  His whole life.  And then apply what we learn to become more like him in our life by developing the Christlike Attributes (see PMG chapter 7).  It is so much more than a small piece of broken bread and cup of water.  Just as the bread and water are internalized within our bodies, the life of Christ needs to be internalized with in our hearts and minds. 
I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve.  The desire to serve a full time mission many not have come until I was 18 and the age changed, but the missionary preparation had been a lifetime.  I am grateful for all of those who have influenced me to be the person that I am today.  My friends, teachers,  my family, and most importantly my Savior.
With love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment