Monday, November 25, 2013

6 Months!....huh?

Hi everyone!

so as of yesterday.  I have been out for 6 months.  Please someone just tell me that this is a joke because it does not seem like it has been 6 months. I cannot believe that it has gone by so quickly.  In the mission you are very focused on that day and that week, that you sometimes forget what is actually happening with time.  I guess that is one of the blessings of missionary work. 

Right now I am in a computer cafe sweating a bunch.  they don't have any fans running near us, so yeah... not so fun.

We are about to go out and have a few lessons with some really great people.  I am supper happy with how everything is turning out with our area.  

This week has been really great as we had the baptism of Charlie.  It has taken him long time to get to this moment and I am so blessed to know that the Atonement is real, and it has the power to help us and heal us of physical and spiritual wounds.  When he bore his testimony,  he said he was just so speechless and that he just wanted to jump up and scream.  I know that he has seen the difference that the gospel has in his life and how he is able to accept the gospel fully in his life.  Now he has the desire to hopefully serve a full time mission.  I am really blessed in this area seeing such true converts to the gospel.   


We have our mission tour on Wednesday where we will hear from Elder Echo Hawk. That will be supper cool.  I can't wait to tell you about how it all is.  I just found out that because my zone is again too big it will only be us and one other zone at our session.  Did I mention that now with the Tacloban missionaries we are at around 50 missionaries in the Manila Zone.... We will be soon having 16 missionaries in the Sampaloc District!!

Things are looking good in our area.  We will hopefully be having just one baptism in December from a referral named Maviric.  He is also saying he is wanting to serve a mission!  He is really prepared and it is just fun to be able to work with such prepared SA's. 

All is going well here.  

Something that our r.c. Jane said in our lesson about prayer really stuck out to me.  She said: "Prayer is the most important conversation we will have all day."
I just loved that!!

Like always I love all of you.

Good luck Mike and Vanessa with the move! send pics!
And Liz I am so incredibly proud of you with your decision!

Mahal ko kayo!!

Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment