Monday, November 18, 2013

Hey Guys! Monday Nov. 11, 2013 3:58 am

Monday Nov. 11, 2013  3:58 am

Hi guys.  

I know that I just emailed all of you on Saturday.  So this is a fun time getting to write again.  I am still okay and the city really did not have any damage where I am.  There was not even any flooding.  So that is nice.  The works goes on and my prayers go out to all of the missionaries, members, and people who were unfortunately effected much more heavily than we were.  I am also extremely grateful for ongoing revelation from our Mission President, and for modern technology that we are able to receive the revelation speedily.  But yeah all here is going well. The work goes on!!  I am so happy for all of the blessings that our area has received here for the past few days. 

On to some fun stuff.  The area got split with the new coming elders.  They are nice.  Not saying that I am going to end up being best friends with them, but I am trying to at least look at this as a situation that the area can progress even more and the my work can also be more concentrated to on a specific area and further the work there.  

We just had 2 lessons with some of our really progressing investigators.  One of them being Jane.  Jane is absolutely amazing.  Of course she passed her interview with flying colors.  She keeps saying that she is just so excited for her baptism.  Her boyfriend will be baptizing her, and one of the missionaries who taught her back in her province first, April, will be one of the speakers! Isn't that so cool.  Sister Montera and I are just so blessed to be able to be the ones who get to reap the rewards and see her get baptized.  I can't wait for Saturday.  She is just so excited!!  She has actually been in some of our lessons with some of our male investigators who their fellowshipper is another guy so that we need a girl to work with us.  She loves being able to share what she knows to be true.  

On that note, so many of our investigators who have been baptized our we are preparing to get baptized soon are all saying that they want to or are thinking of serving a mission! How cool is that!! I really am so blessed to be in this area and to see so many lives being changed through this gospel, including my own.  That is truly the power of the spirit.  To convert people to the truth of this gospel and this work.  

So I finished all of the talks last night from the April General Conference.  It was my goal to finish them before tomorrow as we have Zone Meeting where we get October's Talks.  I must say that the talks brought back so many memories and so many good feelings that I was able to feel back when I originally heard them.  It is so amazing how we not only get to hear them once, but get to receive the on going revelation through the talks of the prophets and apostles.  

All of you I love you so much and am so blessed to see how much the Lord loves each of us, everyday.  I know that this is truly the work of God.  He has his hand in all that he does.  I know that this is true.  I know it.  How blessed we are to live in a day and age where we have the fullness of the everlasting gospel restored to the earth.  There is nothing better than knowing that and through this gospel we can return to our loving Father in Heaven with our Families.  

I love all of you so much and pray for you everyday!! I can't believe how fast this mission is going so I am trying to do my best.  It is not easy, but it is so worth it.  I love that you are all doing well and I hope that those who are sick feel better.  LOVE AND MISS YOU!!

love always,
Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment