Monday, April 7, 2014

I am MELTING!!!

I am MELTING!!!    Monday April 7 12:28 am 

So I have forgotten to mention lately that it is super duper hot right now..... Oh my goodness.  The afternoons are miserably hot and humid.  I know I can't complain too much as there are missionaries who have a much harder time.  But dang it's hot.  Just thought y'all would want to know.  When every you are out side you will just hear people say "init!" mean "hot!"

So we had an amazing baptism for Edison this past week.  It was a great service. Edison has had a long-time connection with the church.  His aunt is a member in Negros, Visayas.  And the big connection is his girlfriend, Lovely.  They  also have a bunch of members who all rent a bed space at another member's place. It was all great.  

Nicole, Abby, and Yang (these are all their nicknames, that is a big Filipino thing to do) will be baptized members of  the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on April 19th 2014! They are absolutely amazing to work with.  Their father came to church as well and will hopefully be baptized in May before he returns to the Middle East.  Also, one of their older sisters is now listening more too.  

The Women's Broadcast was awesome.  Great talks about covenants, unity, and just the importance of Standing as a witness.  Nicole and her cousin (member) also attended!

We had our President's Interview this week. Great to get to talk one on one with President Stucki.  It was really great getting to share how I am progressing as a missionary.  I love being a missionary!

I have learned a lot this week.  I learned to control what I have the ability to control. Having humility is key.  Standing tall for what I know is true.  And just enjoying the work as much as possible.  

We have really struggled to try and find new investigators. Only one this entire week!!  It is hard.  We left right after studies yesterday at 11 before church to find until 12:30for church and left at 4:30-9 and that was when we only found one.  It was hard. hot. but we have hope that this week will be very promising for new investigators.  A lot of prayer and fasting!

Life is good. Still healthy.  Getting sleep.  Taking medicine.  Not too much to complain about.  

I really know that there are people prepared for the gospel.  I am really excited to find them!!

The companionship is good.  She is also a more quite person by nature.  But that is good.  I am enjoying life with everything that the Lord has blessed me with.  

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend!!!!! We have a bunch of Liahona's in our apartment and I love reading past Conference issues!!

You all are so amazing!!

Can't wait to email you all again next week!!

Best support EVER!!

Miss you all!

Mahal ko kayo lagi

Sister Bishop

Edison's baptism 



No comments:

Post a Comment