Monday, August 25, 2014

Well this is news...



August 25, 2014  12:47 am EDT.   Well this is news 

So hi everyone.  lets get the news out right in the front.  I am training!! AHH
So for those who may not know what that means, I will be a companion of a brand new missionary out of the mtc.  (missionary training center).  This is a really big responsibility.  and I am supper nervous.But I am so excited.  There are so many feelings right now (#ihavealotoffeelings)  We had an amazing training meeting with President Ostler and the APs.  There are 28 new missionaries!  President Ostler taught a lot about the importance of Love in the Work and in the companionship.
When we went to President's Home on Monday for the FHE we had so much fun.  We played some games, ate cinnamon rolls (yum!) and had a great lesson.  It was a talk from one of the Apostles about Christlike Love and Charity.  I want to find out what the title of it was.  It was great.  Also, each member of our zone was able to share something that they love about their companion.  We were to start it "someone in our family..."  it is funny because in the Ostler Family Fhe it is supposed to be somewhat anonymous but when the family is a family of 2 it is pretty easy to know.  Well, it really brought the Spirit and we all felt really loved. 
I was able to take some time to talk to President Ostler. He called me in his office.  (That was when he called me to train!)  But he has a great painting of the Savior hanging in his office called "Abide in Me" i think by Simon Dewey. 
Well we had a great baptism this week!
April was baptized accompanied by all of her family(well all minus one brother)  The baptismal room was packed full and the doors were actually kept open so that everyone could be there!  She felt so loved.  I was a tear jerker as her best friend and our amazing ward missionary Jove (pronounced jov-ee) will be leaving on her mission to the Philippines Tacloban mission on Friday!  She was so sweet and was crying saying how much she wants to serve a mission.  The Lord was so present during the Baptism.  Her friend and president of the priest's quorum was her baptizer.  The Baptism Proper was flawless and so amazing as all her younger siblings and cousins were sitting right near the fount.
I am so sad to say good bye to Sister Jandoquile.  She has been such an amazing companion!! I am so happy that she has been my companion for these past 2 transfers!!!
Well the Lord provides so many miracles in this work!!
Oh and we have a mission blog.  I think it is <www.PhilippinesManilaMission.blogspot.com>
Well happy birthday Elise! I can't believe you are 2!!!
And welcome into the world Rebekah Deon Hawks!! She is so adorable!!
I love the Lord!!  and I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in this work!!

With lots of love

Sister Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment