Monday, February 17, 2014

Why Hello Family!

Feb. 17, 2014.  11:52 on Sunday night 

Guess who is now 20!! this girl!!

Not gonna lie too much, it really didn't feel any different than any other day.  I had our weekly dinner with our 2nd counselor in our stake presidency.  But they do not eat with their guests here usually,  it is Filipino culture to have any visitors eat first.  They forgot to give me the cake they bought but we picked it up on Saturday.  Guys. It is a raspberry mouse cake with a dark chocolate base.  It is like they could read my mind.  It was supper cute and so delicious!!!

The work here is coming along pretty well.  Staying healthy, just got a few bug bites that are itching as we speak.  But nothing to be worried about.  Mom and dad asked if I could get checked out for Hypothyroidism on wednesday.  So we were able to go to the mission approved hospital that I went to in Sept.  and it is actually now in my zone.  we actually choose to walk back home after we spent pretty much all wednesday there.  We got back and went to one of our  dinner appointments. then headed home.  Good news is that everything checked out and I am all good!!

The work (missionary work) is good and we have some fun thing happening in our ward.  We are still searching to find more new investigators and people who will actually progress more towards a baptismal date.  But it is going well despite of those challenges. 

Edison, an investigator, just asked us on sunday if he could possibly move up his baptismal date to the week before.  so now it is on march 16.  I am supper happy for him and excited that his is doing well. 

Romell, the part member INC, has now made it to church 4 times.  He has not accepted a bap. date, but he is now really enjoying church and listening more in the lessons and participating.  The family is so happy with it, especially his 3 kids.

I am doing well and missing all of you!! I am proud to be serving the Lord and even when the moments get hard I am so blessed by the Lord to see his hand in this life.  Everything the Lord does is for us!

Oh one last thing! I ran into May at the temple.  I think mom must have already posted stuff from May, but it was absolutely amazing to see her!! We stayed at the temple for a few hours, taking in the Spirit there, so her and I just talked the entire time!! I really miss the MYSA ward, and she showed me some pictures of them! The temple was amazing.  

We have Zone conference this week!!  I found out that my zone leaders actually have my package but they forgot to bring it to church.  So I should be getting it from them soon!  YEAH!!

I love you and hope all of you are doing well and staying happy and healthy ->dad, sarah, vanessa and all you of you!!  have fun in the cold because it is getting into the really hot part of the year here... March.... 

Miss you!!

Mahal Kita

Sister Becca Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment